Home     Contact Me

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Favorite Of The Week - Block Posters

While literally "stumbling" about the Net, I found this great site called Block Posters. It's a free online tool that lets you create wall posters, in any size you want, from your own pictures.

While looking at the gallery of posters people have made using their free tool, I realized that it could be very handy. I'd like to enlarge some of my digital abstractions and create triptychs and diptychs. My home printer is too small to handle anything larger than an 8 x 10 sheet. One day I hope to buy a professional size/quality printer to print my own canvas prints and archival quality prints. Until then, I think this block poster tool will prove very useful.

I'm already envisioning blowing up one of my Cavern Blossom images and creating a large wall mural made up of 8 x 10 blocks. Suddenly, the creative possibilities seem endless. I'll post a picture of my Block Poster project when it's finished.

dip·tych

–noun
1. a hinged two-leaved tablet used in ancient times for writing on with a stylus.
2. a pair of pictures or carvings on two panels, usually hinged together.

trip·tych

–noun
1. Fine Arts. a set of three panels or compartments side by side, bearing pictures, carvings, or the like.
2. a hinged, three-leaved tablet, written on, in ancient times, with a stylus.


Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

No comments: