Home     Contact Me

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Story Behind The "Puns Are Fun Buns Are Fun Too" T-shirt

Some of you might be curious about the silly "Puns Are Fun Buns are Fun Too" design being sold through Savvyology Designs. I thought I'd share the inspiration and "inside" family joke about this punny quote.

It was my grandmother Peggy who came up with the saying. Puns were, and still are, enjoyed by a few of my witty relatives. I enjoy a good pun myself. At almost every family dinner, my grandmother would bring the basket of buns to the table and in her playful yet slightly wry tone say "Buns are fun." My grandmother was a sweet, tiny woman with a playful and young-minded outlook on life. She had a knack for saying outrageous things with an innocent expression and tone of voice. She was so good at the delivery of these "shockers" that I'd sometimes wonder if I heard her right.

Grandma Peg is no longer with us but her sense of humor and playful outlook on life have stayed with me. To honor her memory, I created the "Puns Are Fun" design and I know she'd get a kick out of seeing her words and sense of humor carried on for others to enjoy and have a laugh with.




© B.Y. Penman 2007

No comments: