Home     Contact Me

Monday, April 23, 2007

What Do ACEO Cards, a Tesla Coil & Witku Have in Common?

They all share a spot in today's post. I'm currently working on a series of limited edition, embellished, and hand signed ACEO cards. What is an ACEO card you ask? Well, the acronym stands for Art Cards, Editions, and Originals.

An ACEO is basically a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch miniature work of art that can be traded with other artists or sold. Some collectors frame them while others store them in protective sleeves and cases just like sports cards.

I managed to get my hands on a stock of Canson Montval 140 lb cold press acid free paper this weekend. The finished cards look beautiful. When I have a set completed I'll take some nice photos and post them here on the blog.

If you're at all interested in Tesla coils you have to take a peek at this wild photo Lord Matt mentioned in his blog.

One last thing ... Don't forget to submit your Witku (funny haiku) and enter the contest! A handful of people have already participated but I'd love to read more. I challenge you to make me laugh or at least smile.

Actually, this is the last bit here. Honest. The picture to the left is a shot of our at-home school room set up for my son. This is where he and I spend most weekday mornings. It's a sunny quiet spot. Just another brief glimpse into my world.

No comments: