Home     Contact Me

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Wristwatch Day & Another Lesson Learned


Yesterday was a live by my wristwatch day thus no creative time for writing or pushing pixels. I’m literally stealing a bit of time now to sit down and write this post before diving into my studies and tackling the list of phone calls to be made to set up various appointments for my son.

On the positive side, I’ve been thinking about topics for future posts to share here on the blog. On the not so positive side, my new love and I haven’t had enough time to get to know each other better. It would be worse if the delivery of archival paper had arrived but it’s still en route. I anticipate it’s arrival sometime next week and am hoping to catch up on all the other tasks on my to do list so I’ll be able to spend some quality time with my Pro 9000.

The issue of time management and my fly by the seat of my pants way of tackling things has been on my mind a lot the past two weeks. I’ve finally given in and will be hiring a bookkeeper to take over the financial reporting for my son’s Microboard. I’ve been doing the work of the treasurer and the secretary for the Non-Profit Society since its creation.

There has always been a bit of an internal tug of war going on inside of me with regard to my creative side and my business side. I believe this is my year to find a viable balance between the two. Realizing that spending hours going over financial transactions and statements isn’t an effective use of my time and that it’s okay to delegate that responsibility to someone else is a big step in the right direction.

Has this been another life lesson about learning to let go? Perhaps, but in this case it’s a calculated and controlled form of letting go. Less stress and paperwork means more creative time. More creative time means a more relaxed and happy me.

If you haven't entered a Witku in the contest, now is the time to be creative and have fun playing with words to create a funny haiku that'll tickle my funny bone or at least make me smile.

1 comment:

seev said...

Hello Sawyology,

Yes, there are so many things keep getting in the way of things we way want to do.

I looked at some of your beautiful digital pictures. They are amazing.

Thank you for looking at my blog. Oh, and I entered some Haikus in your contest.

Cheers,
Mardé